They went upstairs and ended at his presents.
We tend to do more of the educational gifts, but they still fit in with the Super Hero theme.
Here's his official "5" birthday shirt. Notice I didn't put his name on it so that it can be shared with his brothers.
He was very happy about this lap tray. We let him have his birthday breakfast (poptarts) in front of the tv. He said "Can we eat breakfast like this every day?" We agreed only for special occasions.
For Preston's birthday lunch we headed over to Planet Pizza. We had never been before and it was quite an experience. This little pirate ship made so much noise, I worried it was going to break. It really got going, too. But Elic and Preston seemed to enjoy it and rode it many times.
Holden loved all the sights and sounds. He can't wait to ride the rides.
The roller coaster was a big hit. The boys giggled the entire time. It even went backwards!
A pose with the grandmothers.
The bumper cars were my favorite to watch. Preston did a super job driving. I didn't think he would like running into other cars, but he loved it. Elic cracked me up- he just hung on and let Bubba do whatever he wanted.
Here's my favorite movie clip from the day.
It was so wonderful to have all the grandparents join us to celebrate.
Darren was so proud to watch Elic play the basketball game over and over again.
A little about Preston at 5:
- loves to build. Could spend hours with Lincoln Logs. Also enjoys creating with pretzels and is very detailed with his creations. He made our house complete with all the rooms and the garage. Then he added goldfish as all the family members in their respective rooms.
- loves super heroes. He will usually only play with the correct good guy and matching bad guy. He knows who fights who and it drives him crazy if Elic wants two bad guys or two good guys.
- has started labeling his drawings using inventive spelling. One Sunday at church he drew a picture and wrote "sooper mn" (super man). I was so proud especially since he usually tells me he's allergic to writing.
- when we bought our Crocs for this summer he wanted all of his gibits on the same shoe! I tried so hard to get him to even them out between the two feet, but nope, that's what he wanted. (I still can't look at them)
- loves to dress up in costumes especially ones with a mask.
- will play tag with anyone who will chase him. Poor Elic always gets caught and then spends the rest of the time trying to get Preston.
- Preston is trying new foods (at least one bite) which is a big step for him.
- peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are his favorite food
- the only fruit he'll eat are mandarin oranges.
- has been attempting to swing. He can pump his legs but it doesn't seem to make him go very high or for very long, but it's a start.
- in his prayers he'll say very sweet and innocent things like "we hope to go to heaven really really soon" and "please help our badness not be badness"
Preston, your Dad and I feel so blessed that God chose us to be your parents. We love the young man you're becoming and can't wait to see what amazing things you'll do for the Lord in the coming years! We love you!