Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Program

Last Thursday was Sunshine School's Thanksgiving Program and Open House. Darren and I were very excited this year because both Preston and Elic would be part of the program. Since I teach at the school and need to be with my class, it's hard for me to see the boys perform. But Darren did a super job documenting the event.

Here are the handsome duo being silly before we left the house.

The stage was all decorated.

The 2s are the first to "perform". I say that very loosely because not many of them actually sing the words due to stage fright. Elic loved his Pilgrim hat and belt. Isn't he just adorable?!

I was so proud that he stayed in his spot for both the songs.

Cutest little pilgrim boy!


Here's a clip from one of his songs. You can see at the end he tried to mouth one word.

Next up were the 3s and then it was time for Preston and the 4s. They were turkeys this year. It's fun to see this picture because not only is Preston in it but the children on either side of him are in my class!

Can you see the excitement in his face when he found all his family in the audience?

The entire school gathered on the stage for one final song and a reciting of some scripture verses. We were happy to see that Elic and Preston were near each other for the finale.

Holden tagged along for all the fun. Here he is with his Aunt Crystal.

After the program we went to each of the boy's classrooms and looked at special projects and journals that they had been working on. Preston had said he was thankful for Tigger and Jesus. Elic was thankful for Mom, Dad, and cheese.

The fan club!

Here's one of Preston's very best buddies Trenton.

I know I'll say this on a lot of posts this year, but it's hard for me to believe that this is Preston's last year at Sunshine School. I'll certainly miss seeing him at chapel and recess and all the transitions in the hall where his face lights up when he sees me, as he yells, "Mommy" and runs over to give me a big hug.

This Thanksgiving I am SO thankful for all 3 of my little turkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment