Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkins, Pumpkins Everywhere!

One of my very favorite activities for the fall is to visit the Arboretum and their pumpkin patch. It felt so weird to go without Preston, but since he's playing soccer on Saturdays, we had to go during the week. Aunt Kim, Autumn, and Aaron were able to join us. We were treated to beautiful weather and a very light crowd- a recipe for the perfect outing. I love to see all the different kinds of pumpkins- the colors, shapes, and sizes.
I can only imagine how much this gi-normous one would cost at the store!
The kids did such a great job posing for us, smiling and letting us take a ton of pictures all over the park with lots of different backgrounds, all in an effort to get the perfect pumpkin picture.

Holden was amazed by all the pumpkins. I think if he could talk, he would say his favorite part of the whole day was being out of the stroller! It's not often that I let him walk/run around when we're out and about.
Elic loved the pumpkin houses! He kept telling me to take his picture next to each one and had me watch him walk through them. They are so unique with all the different shapes and colors.
Here's a great picture of Aunt Kim, Autumn, and Aaron.
The cousins (minus Preston). While taking this picture I couldn't help but think of the intro to the Brady Bunch because all the kids kept looking up and down at each other, made me laugh.


The hay maze is always a favorite. Elic never seemed to tire of running through it over and over again.

And Holden loved that he could climb over the bales. He just went from one side to the other, over and over again.
Elic thought he was King of the Pumpkin Mountain since he could climb all the way up to the top.
Nothing like a straight stretch of walkway to run full speed down!
Look! A pumpkin by the pumpkin!
This shot of Holden reminds me so much of Preston. I think it's the overalls and light hair. He's just growing up so fast.
Holden 2010

Preston 2006

We took one last cousin shot and then enjoyed a picnic lunch before heading home. On days like this I'm touched by the beauty of God's creation- even in something so little like a pumpkin.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love the overalls. We were there Saturday too! :)

    ReplyDelete