Saturday, April 16, 2011

I'm THAT far behind!

I feel like I'm so far behind in blogging that quitting seems like the best option- but I'd really like to have these memories documented and maybe, one day, made into a book so I'll press on. This is what I woke up to on Valentine's Day:
Brothers are so funny! If only I could keep them all in a crib, then I'd get so much more sleep at night! We decided to borrow the idea of having a pink and red dinner for Valentine's day. I even bribed the boys into wearing their pink shirts (only if they could play a video game after school). Elic's Sunshine School teacher told me that at their party a little girl in his class told him "pink is for girls" and he replied, very matter of factly, "my mommy made me"- priceless!
Valentine's Day is also special because it's Nana's birthday. We invited her over for our fun dinner night, too.
We had pink and red decorations, complete with candle light.
Our menu consisted of:
heart shaped calzones,
red velvet heart cake balls, strawberries and red Kool-aid- YUMMY!Darren and I wrote each boy a letter with the top 5 things we love about them. I loved seeing them get so embarrassed at all the positive things we had to say about their sweet character.
Next, they got to open a little Valentine gift from us.
Preston couldn't wait to turn his build a bear into a storm trooper.
And Elic's bunny became a Jedi warrior.
Sweet Holden wasn't left out. He finally got his very own thermos. His is the Lightning McQueen cup and he loves it! He thinks he's as big as his brothers using it.
We had a great night and have already talked about what red and pink foods we could add to next year's dinner. Next up- Papaw turns 80!





No comments:

Post a Comment