Friday, March 5, 2010

Crystal's Shower

I know I am almost a month behind in posting this, but I did want to include Crystal's shower on the blog. My sister-in-law, Kim, and I hosted a recipe and kitchen shower for Crystal and Sammy. Don't they look like they should be on the cover of a magazine? They're beautiful people! My sweet friends Stephanie, Nicole and Jenn Pool braved the snow to help me decorate- and I'm so thankful that they did because I could not have made the Fellowship Hall look nearly as beautiful as they did.

The shower was held over Valentine's weekend so we used red and pink as our color scheme. The center piece boxes each displayed a different type of Valentine candy and conversation hearts were sprinkled across the tables. Yes, those are miniature wooden spoons and whisks in the center piece boxes as well (thank you Jenn for letting me borrow your idea from the Santa breakfast- super adorable!!)

Each guest brought a family favorite recipe to help Crystal fill up her recipe box with yummy dishes to cook for Sammy.

We served breakfast treats like Mexican egg casserole, apple French toast, fruit with marshmallow dip, and powered sugar donuts to name a few. Aren't those tulips pretty (great pick Stephanie).

These little hearts were my favorite item at the shower. Yes, it took quite a long time to make them but it was so worth it. I wanted to make cake balls except my first attempt at them didn't go so well. But, my friend Anna told me some trade secrets and had the clever idea of making them into shapes- so cute! These were red velvet on the inside and yes, Stephanie and I did dip the bottoms in chocolate and the tops in pink tinted almond bark. They were delicious!! And why wouldn't they be- red velvet cake, cream cheese icing and two types of chocolate- YUMMY!

I loved all the pretty ribbon on the plates and all the fun stands everyone let me borrow. I sure know what I'm putting on my Christmas list.

I would eat one of these just because of how cute that plate is!

This is the gift table and I only had time to take pictures before the shower started- but doesn't it look great?

Yes, I dressed the boys in pink- even though Preston protested greatly. It's hard to get him to do things for me especially when his dad won't wear pink. But it was Valentine's weekend and I ultimately won the battle. And I really like them in pink! Holden was sleeping in his stroller so I decided not to bother him with a photo shoot.

I got so busy once the guests started arriving that I really don't have many pictures of the actual shower. Here is the future Mr. and Mrs. Sammy Duran. I hope Sammy knows what he's getting himself into! We love you Aunt Crystal.

They received some great gifts for their kitchen.

The kids only lasted through eating breakfast so we let them watch a movie on the DVD player. It was wonderful because we didn't hear a peep from them the entire length of the movie.

Now that all their showers are over we are anticipating the wedding (March 20th). Should be quite an event and I can't wait to see how all the months of planning come together. We're praying for you Crystal and Sammy- try to stay stress free these last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment