Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter Wonderland!

I couldn't believe all the snow we had last week! The whole day at Sunshine School all I kept saying was "I can't believe it's not stopping!". We were so happy to come home and finally get to play in it. I don't know how many of you read Frog and Toad stories but they're a favorite at our house. There is one story called Down Hill where Frog convinces Toad to go out in the snow. He makes him put on all the clothes (snow pants, hat, scarf, jacket, etc.) and sled down a big hill. By the end of the story Toad decides that while the snow may be beautiful, his bed is warm. Well, that sums up my feelings. I love to look at the snow from the comfort of a window. I got so tired of drying all our sweaters, mittens, and socks and hearing all the crying when their hands were hurting from being too cold. But we did have a few good snow ball fights. Here are some of my favorite pictures from our winter fun:



Elic would barely stop throwing snow balls at me to let me take pictures.

Now that is a great picture isn't it? Elic took that snowball right in the face and just laughed and laughed. We invoked the "no snow balls in the face rule" right after that shot.

Look how hard the snow was still coming down! And you can see that is was up to their knees, which was so fun to watch them try to run in.


Sliding down the fort was a favorite activity.




Maybe this was why they were getting so cold- laying down in the snow and getting soaking wet!

Yes, this is our poor snowman. He's just sad looking! We didn't even try to dress him up or anything.

Preston's favorite thing about the snowman- knocking him down!

Our neighbors built this cute guy- maybe they should come teach us how to make a real snowman! If you're wondering where Holden is during all this fun, well, he was on my hip while I took pictures, but really I didn't want to risk getting him sick and letting him truly experience the snow (I know, I'm protective of my baby). He did sit by the window in his exersaucer and watch his brothers and dad play, though. We'll end with this little clip of the boys- enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment