Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine baking

For the last week we have been getting ready not only for Valentine's Day but also for a kitchen shower for Darren's sister which was held on Saturday, February 13th. I'll post all the shower pics later, but wanted to show you how our kitchen looked like a Valentine explosion on Wednesday as we baked for two kids' classmates, plus my sweet class, three wonderful teachers, and our Sunshine school staff. Oh, did I mention it was also my night to bring snacks to small group? Why not- what's adding one more when you're already cooking all day!

Here's a mid-day look at the goodies.
These yummy treats were not only for small group but also the party favors for the shower. I don't think I'll be making any more of these anytime soon. It took us two full days to make them all! The boys were big helpers. I just gave them a pan and they lined up the pretzels and even unwrapped the Hugs. I did all the M&M placement since the pans were a little warm from being in the oven.

The boys also helped make these cookies for Elic's class and the Sunshine school staff. I thought they were extra tasty!
I bought a fun brownie pop tray that I wanted to try out. All the pops came out tilted, but I think they turned out great. Preston helped me dip them in the white chocolate and then added all the heart shaped sprinkles. We gave these to his class, my class and all the boys' teachers.

Even though it was a long week of baking, it was well worth it when Preston picked his brownie pop as the first Valentine treat to eat after the parties at school. Thank goodness there aren't any holidays for a few months- wait I have to get ready for Preston's 5th birthday party! So much for resting!

No comments:

Post a Comment