Thursday, July 1, 2010

Holden Levi

I realized this week that I haven't written about Holden since he was 4 months old. I thought I had better give a little update now that he's 11 months! Sorry for the delay.

- He is the sweetest, most content little boy. If he wakes up in the morning and I'm not ready to go get him, he'll go back to sleep. Love that!

- He will eat anything put in front of him and last night for dinner, he ate as much as Elic! I've told Darren that we're going to have to increase our grocery budget very soon. And they say boys don't cost as much as girls!

- The boy is a climber! He loves the fireplace, chairs (especially the rocking chairs at church), the stairs, and the couch. Luckily, we can put pillows on most everything and he doesn't know how to get over them (yet) so that has slowed him down for now. We started teaching him how to come down the stairs going backwards on his belly and he's doing very well.

- He's a talker! This surprises me since he's a third and I thought he might let his brothers do all the talking, but no way. He babbles all the time and loves to try and mimic anything we say. My favorite thing is when he tries to crow like a rooster- too cute!

I know this was several months ago, but we did go take pictures in the bluebonnets. Something about a baby in a tub in a field of flowers that melts my heart.

The first haircut. We kept our tradition of having the first haircut preformed by the very talented Mr. Brantley. Yes, he was a barber way back when and has given each of the boys their first cuts.

All started out ok.

And then Holden didn't like it so much. He was a trooper though and let us finish getting rid of all that "old man" hair around his neck and ears.



The finished product- a very handsome little boy!

Baby Blessing. We were very thankful that so much of our family could be with us for this special occasion. My Grandmother, Aunt Clara and cousin Sarah all drove in from east Texas to see Holden.

Yes, that is a baptism dress that Holden is wearing. It has been in my family for over a hundred years. My granddad, dad, me, both brothers, and Preston have all worn it along with many other family members. It was lost when Elic had his blessing and I was so happy that Grandmother found it in time for Holden's special day. Plus, that might be the only dress I ever get to put on any of my kids!

Cousin Evan was in town visiting and represented the Deaton side of our family.

The handsome big brothers.


Cousin Aaron joined in the festivities.

Uncle Trey, Holden and Evan.

After church, we all headed out to eat. We had a large group so we were there a while, but all the kids did great entertaining themselves and not getting too crazy.

Aunt Kim and Aaron

Nana and Preston

Gram and Elic

My adorable niece Autumn and Elic- you have to watch out for those two!

Darren and his brother Shawn

Papaw and Evan

Grandmother and Holden
The little smocked outfit that Holden has on belonged to Preston's best friend Trenton Ownby. It just screams "precious baby"- so soft and cute!

I'll end with a few random pictures of sweet Holden. When I found out we were pregnant, I originally hoped for a girl, but I wouldn't trade Holden for anything. God blessed us with a son who has such a sweet, loving character, a beautiful smile and blue eyes that just melt my heart. We love you Holden Levi all the way to the moon and back.

1 comment:

  1. so precious! You can tell just from pictures that he is a very happy and content baby!

    ReplyDelete