Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas


This was our first Christmas at our new house. We enjoyed decorating for the season, although we found that we really don't own much to decorate with (we'll have to start collecting over the next few years). But here are a few pictures of our home dressed for the holidays.Our live Christmas tree full of kid ornaments. I've told Darren that while the boys are young we'll do the tree with all their homemade ornaments and when they go off to college, then I can have my pretty color-coordinated tree. I found a tip in a magazine that suggested using a different color wrapping paper for each child so that passing gifts out Christmas morning is made simple. That would have been nice to know BEFORE I wrapped gifts for both boys using both green and red for each of them. Something to try next year.
Thank you Stephanie for helping to make my plain home look fabulous all by using pretty ribbon and bows! Seriously, I was sad to take down the ribbon garland because I felt it added a warmth to our house that I am already missing.
Look at all those stockings! My mom said that if we have another child we'll have to move to a house that has a bigger mantle. Just a fun fact: the basket on the left of the fireplace holds small stumps from all the Christmas trees we've cut down. We've written one special fact about the year on each of them. So far they are mostly sayings like "Nyles first Christmas", "Jersey's first Christmas", Preston's, Elic's, and Holden's. We only have one stump with a year we didn't get a new animal or have a baby and that was a year we took a big trip to Oregon.
I know this is a horrible picture, but I was so happy that Darren (and Mark) put up lights on the house (and in the dark on the coldest night in December, no less). Next year we'll add lights around the walkway and bushes.

I thought all-in-all this was a nice beginning to our holiday decorating. I have a running list of ideas for next year- Darren beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment