Saturday, January 23, 2010

Girls can build too!

Preston got Lincoln Logs for Christmas and last week we opened them for the first time. I thought the boys would have a great time building all sorts of log cabins. But neither of them wanted to try. They only wanted me to build one of the "suggested" forts on the box. Let me tell you, after about 30 minutes and lots of repairs I finally finished. Those log creations sure are involved! I knew no one would believe me when I told them about my creation so I took pictures for proof. Not too shabby, huh?



I don't think we had windows and doors with our sets when I was growing up.

I will say that when this got knocked down a little piece of me was sad. Now I've had more practice and it doesn't take me so long. I guess being a boy mom I'm going to need to be good at building all sorts of things from Lincoln Logs to legos and even play forts out of blankets (which I have been trying to perfect). Preston is just now getting brave and trying to build on his own, next time he does I'll take a picture for all to see.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Marla. I have built many a "garage" out of legos for Layton's cars only to have him immediately knock it down and want me to do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fancy lincoln logs! They've come a long way since the '80s!

    ReplyDelete