Friday, July 22, 2011

Random thoughts

I can't believe that we leave TODAY for Rwanda.  We have had a great week filled with movies, swimming, and friends.  Darren and I wanted to soak up as much quality time with the boys as we could before we go 10 days without them.  That's the hardest part for me and I have shed a few tears when I let myself think about it.  Look at these sweet kiddos:
 
I'm pretty proud of our packing.
  This is everything Darren and I are taking to Rwanda for all 10 days!  We're light packers and that allowed these . . .
 
 to be filled to 50 lbs each with medicines, toys, clothes and all sorts of other treats for the children at Noel.
 We had a great last night spent watching movies (Scooby Doo of course) and eating popcorn.

 Lately we can't get enough of our stuffed animals.
 I thought everything was great on Wednesday when Darren and I were packed and Papaw had his surgery so we knew the boys could still stay with Nana.  But then I remembered- I had to pack the boys!!  I seriously forgot.  So lots of laundry was done and then their backpacks were filled.
 I think it's funny that my kids are taking more clothes than me and I'm going to a whole different continent.
 And, not only were the backpacks filled, but so was our car.  Nana had a FEW requests for things she'd like at her house for the boys to play with. 
I made special journals for the boys to write the activities they do each day so they can tell me all about their adventures while we're gone.  I bet several of those pages will be filled with trips to McDonald's, swimming, and the movies.  

I'll end with this clip of Holden.  I heard all this noise during nap time and had to go see what he was up to.  He's singing his favorite song.  See if you can figure it out.  (Hint: it involves letters) 

Please pray for Darren and I and our whole team as we begin the journey to Africa.  We can't wait to spend a whole week giving medical care, educational instruction and most importantly, love to the children at Noel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment