Monday, July 4, 2011

Swim Lessons

This year we tried swim lessons at Oak Point Rec Center in Plano and I loved it! It only took us 7 minutes to drive there and it was indoors so I didn't have to lather on sunscreen everyday. Probably the best thing about our new location was that they had a class for everyone at the same time! We were just in different parts of the pool. I really liked the program and both Preston and Elic seemed to make huge strides in their swimming abilities.
Before we started swim lessons, Elic wouldn't put his face in the water and now that's all he wants to do. I think his frog-eye swim goggles helped him not be afraid of going under the water.

Preston also started swim lessons with a fear of being under water. Now he loves to jump into the pool, have tea parties under water and is working on swimming across the pool all by himself! We're so proud of all his hard work. Somehow I didn't get a picture of him swimming without this barbell, but he spent most of the lesson on his own.

I did water babies with Holden who has NO fear of the water and argued with me every lesson that I didn't need to hold onto him. He loved monkey walking on the side and looking at his squirt toys under the water. He was a star jumper and wouldn't stop once we were told it was ok to practice jumping in from the side. He even tried to jump where I couldn't catch him because he had such confidence. Since I was in the water with him, I wasn't able to take any pictures of Holden in action but he definitely enjoyed every lesson. We had such a great experience that I might sign everyone up for another session in August. That all depends on how quickly we recover from our travels in Rwanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment